| an ode to Ren Skincare

Thursday 30 June 2016


I first tried Ren back in 2013, and I've not looked back since. For the price range, high quality and most importantly, it's value for money, I would recommend the brand to anyone! Here are some of my favourites which have become staples in my skincare regime.

Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser
I've been using this product for the longest out of everything here, and I love how gentle this cleanser is. Hot cloth cleansers are old news in the ever-changing skincare world but I've always believed consistency is key in order to keep skin clear and glowing. After more than 3 years of regular use, my skin still feels super soft afterwards and always leaves my skin tone looking more balanced in the morning. Also, the money for value with this is unbeatable, as I'm only on my second tube despite regular use, you only need a small amount to cleanse the whole face!

Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial
I first tried this over Christmas, and the hype surrounding Flash Rinse is completely deserved. I like to use this on Sunday evening before my usual skincare routine, to wash away all the dirt and grime from the week, and start afresh. The beauty of the product is in its simplicity - honestly you only need to leave this on for a minute to feel the effects!

For even less time stood in the bathroom, I like to gently work a fingertip-sized amount into my face, and then brush my teeth while it gets to work! Then wash off with a facial cloth damp with warm water. The complexion instantly looks brighter and smoother, and I always notice that any spots or blemishes have diminished the following morning. It's pricey bought alone but Flash Rinse is often sold in sample size, so you can use it before you buy the full-size!

Keep Young and Beautiful Firm and Lift Eye Cream
I'm hardly at the age where I need to be worrying about lines and sagging on the face at the tender age of 21, but this light eye cream is a nice way to ease into that extra step. It sinks in quickly, and makes a small difference towards brightening that pesky under-eye area. Since I'm not exactly the target age range for using an cream, time will tell regarding the full extent of its effectiveness.

Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
This is undoubtedly one of Ren's most famous products, and with good reason. This mask is quite thin but you don't need a lot to cover the face. Like most face masks, you simply leave it on for about 10 minutes, then wash off. The smell is absolutely divine, thanks to the vitamin c, all citrusy and fresh, perfect for orange lovers. The immediate after effect is super-soft skin, and in the morning, a more balanced and clear complexion. Again, I wouldn't recommend buying this alone before trying a sample size, which features in many of their gift sets!

Vitamineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Creme
This is one of my longer standing favourites. Although this is marketed as a day cream, I find that this moisturiser is quite thick for my combination skin. Therefore I prefer to use this as a regular night cream. My main skin concern is my red cheeks, and I find this helps to balance out the redness by morning and leaves an altogether more neutral skin tone. It also provides a smooth base for makeup. I would say you only need a small amount, to avoid leaving the skin feeling a bit greasy, as the cream is much thicker than a usual day cream.

I love Ren because it's great value for money, the products last forever and I've seen continued great results from regular use.

Have you used Ren Skincare before? What are your favourite products from the brand? Thanks for reading!

Follow

2 comments

  1. I've never heard of this brand before but the products seem really good! I so wish I could jump on the skincare bandwagon but I have such sensitive skin, is there any that would be okay for me to use? :D lovely blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the lookout for new skincare brands and this looks awesome! I am defo going to give the 1 minute facial a go! :)x

    amyknch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts by Fi. Design by Berenica Designs.