5 sunday favourites

Sunday 4 September 2016


It's been a while since I've been able to get one of these posts up but there are lots of things I'm loving right now!

1. Itsu Recipe Book
I've always been a massive fan of Thai, Chinese and Japanese cuisine and this book is a must for all the noodle lovers out there! You may have seen Itsu popping up all over the country and this book features lots of their popular meals from the menu, such as the Chicken Jaipur and their Thai  Red Chicken potsu. It'll be brilliant for meal inspiration now I've moved back to Southampton. There are a few reasons why this book is so useful:

  • Simple and accessible ingredients - It drives me nuts when recipe books insist on obscure ingredients which are impossible to find or ridiculously expensive. Most featured in this book can be found in all supermarkets.
  • Handy ingredient alternative guide - If you don't have every ingredient to hand for a specific recipe, this guide indicates alternatives which can be used instead, which helps to prevent food wastage!
2. The beauty blender

I'm always so late to the party with hyped up beauty products, and this time I am kicking myself that I didn't try blending sponges out sooner. I use "blending sponge" here because I bought a cheaper version of the cult Beauty Blender. I didn't want to waste money on something that wouldn't work now would I! I found this particular one in the magical place I like to call TK Maxx amongst many other rip off versions, which came to a tiny £3.99. And I'm seriously impressed! My skin had never been left with such a natural finish, and anyone who's yet to try one I urge to go and get on the bandwagon right now!

3. Orange Is The New Black



There seems to be quite a trend in this post with catching up late to hyped up things! I'm sure like many people, I was a little taken aback by the humour in this series, but it really grows on you as you watch more episodes. I wouldn't say this a super addictive series, unlike Suits (such an addictive show), but I like that I can just pick up and drop it again when needed. Since I'm going into final year, realistically I won't have a lot of time to watch OITNB whenever I fancy. In order to get back into listening again after a year away in Spain, I've been watching the show in French with French subtitles. This way it feels like I'm being more productive and I'm actually picking up very useful words!


4. TK Maxx Homeware
As of late I've been having a worrying love affair with TK Maxx Homeware. It is undoubtedly one of the kookiest and coolest collections of homeware on the high street, at affordable prices as well. I've become rather obsessed with reed oil infusers, for their delicate and pleasant bursts of fragrance that last for months! I worry about the fire hazard with candles, particularly in student houses. The only issue with reed infusers is that the protection cap is rather fiddly to take out, and can become quite a messy affair with the essential oils. However, my hands are left smelling of roses so not the end of the world!

5. Southampton Bloggers event at Orange Rooms, Southampton
A photo posted by Fiona Call (@trafficjamlife) on


I haven't been able to attend a #sotonbloggers event for a long time now so it was strange seeing a few familiar faces at the event on Saturday! As you can see, this milkshake was huge. I really struggled to get through it, giving up about halfway but I fought valiantly. Orange Rooms was a past haunt of mine in first year on nights out, so I've always found it bizarre coming back during the day but the food and drink choice is really unique and tasty! 

Thanks for reading!

Did you catch my last post? Cheap and Easy Cooking Tips for Students

Follow

1 comment

  1. I was really late to the 'blending sponge party too' ;-) I bought the Real Techniques one to see what all the fuss was about and now I'm obsessed with it!

    clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts by Fi. Design by Berenica Designs.